Tasso Counseling is seeking a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, Licensed Professional Counselor OR Resident in Counseling to join our Tasso team. Applicants should be trained or experienced in one or more of the following modalities: structural family therapy, systems, narrative, transgenerational, communication therapy, or Cognitive Behavior Therapy.
About us: Tasso Counseling is a therapist-owned, outpatient clinic in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley in Staunton, VA. We are a fee-for-service center and provide both in-person and telehealth sessions to our clients, Monday-Thursday. We are a strong faith-based team whose goal is to ensure collaboration, team-work, and effective communication on a daily basis while delivering mental health services with excellence through a Christ-centered worldview. Please visit our website at www.tassocounseling.com for more information about our current team and additional services we provide.
We are providing face masks and sanitizer to clients. We have a CDC-compliant protocol in place for face-to-face counseling. We are also seeing clients via our HIPAA-compliant telehealth platform, as needed and as deemed appropriate.
MFT/LPC Duties and Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct intake assessments
- Obtain client history
- Develop and implement individualized treatment plans as well as assign clinical diagnoses when appropriate
- Document client progress each session
- Provide mental health counseling to individuals, marriages, or families on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis
- Provide discharge planning to clients
- Conduct telehealth sessions via our HIPAA-Compliant platform
- attends weekly clinical supervision and individual supervision as scheduled
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in professional counseling, or Marriage and Family Therapy. Will consider a master’s in social work for strong candidates.
- VA MFT/LPC license
- Training or experience in one or more treatment modalities
- Clinical experience (at least one year of post-licensure experience preferred) if fully licensed
- Resident in Counseling considered, if strong candidate
- Shared values of Tasso Counseling
- EXCELLENT soft skills: customer service skills both in and out of the counseling chair, problem solving skills, communication skills (both oral and written), strong team/others approach.
- Send your resume and cover letter to Heather Keene, Owner at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include why you would like to work in a faith-based practice.
- Website: tassocounseling.com